Tons of people want that whole ‘hero’ thing to happen to them.
They wait for someone to save them.
They pray for someone to be there at the right moment.
They long for someone to sweep them off their feet.
They need someone to make everything better if only for a moment.
Lots of us find that hero underneath a military uniform…or a public service uniform.
Sometimes we see it as stranger who happens to be in the right place at the right time.
If we are fortunate we can find it in a loved one…family member or even a dear friend.
As much as I am lost at times in my own little fantasy world…I see reality everyday around me, I just choose not to linger in it sometimes. Perhaps my head is still in the clouds a bit. Perhaps, I am holding out for someone, something…that doesn’t exist. Then again, most things are all in the perception…right? Maybe, he’s right here in front of me…and because of my desires to hold out…I am missing out.
Maybe he’s the one that makes me smile and laugh…who takes my stress banishes it with his super humor…who tickles me and tells me everything will be alright…as he tackles my worries to the sand and destroys them with one adoring glance.
Could he just be the one who brings out the passion in me intensely through the rain of my sorrows and the thunder of my frustrations…who faces the weather with me head strong, and stands there for endless hours listening to the things that go unsaid with his intuitive insightful ways? Perhaps, he’s held my hand once before, maybe even several times before…and I never realized it.
Why do most of us tend not to see the obvious anymore?
Are we always looking beneath it all…for a flaw, some kind of deception, secrets…lies that may not exist.
It has become our nature to doubt and distrust…so much that when the genuine article stands before us…we don’t recognize it at all.
Hero’s are perfect either…they come in all packages, shapes, sizes…in all kinds of forms that we tend to take for granted more often than not.
I have recently realized that I have been rescued far more than just once.
I have been captured by people so intensely, that it took a hero to save me from them, from myself. Lost in thoughts so intensely, that I over analyzed them and myself…not living in the moment…not seeing the ‘good ‘in front of me…seeing that they are leading me out…if only I would follow their lead. They were the hands that embraced me, held me…and tried to catch me when I fell, when I fall.
They are the true heroes in our lives…the ones that cared enough in that moment to point things out…direct us…lead us…guide us…show us alternatives we just were to blind at the moment to see. They are the ones that shape our lives…made us more conscious of who we are…what we are doing…who we become.
White knights, Prince charming, Hercules and even Superman are nothing compared to these people in my life. A dear friend of mine wrote about these types of heroes…and inspired me to take a deeper look at my own.
Do you have a hero…that is there for you when ya need him/or her?
That keeps you holding on…and teaches you to be stronger?
OR
Are you still holding on…in your dreams and fantasies for someone who may not exist
Or perhaps already does…
And your lack of reality prevents you from seeing yours?
Who is your H E R O?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment